Getting Started with Career Services
Career Intro Session (Careers over Coffee, Careers in Conference)
- Introductory session covering the basics of the job search, career exploration, member services / resources / networking. Careers over Coffee - held at the Alumni Center; Careers in Conference - held via conference call. Free to members!
Get the Job: Four-part Webinar Series
- As an alternative to our intro session, this interactive, in-depth webinar series covers all aspects of the job search, including networking, resumes, cover letters, online presence, networking resources, interviewing, & negotiating. This series allows ample chance to have your career questions answered by a career coach, and opportunity to network with fellow Texas Exes. $150 Life / $200 Annual.
Consultations & Coaching
- Receive individual assistance on job search, resume critique, interviewing techniques, negotiating, career transition…whatever your career needs may be! Consultations held in person or by phone. Members receive one complimentary career consultation per year.
Career Coaching Sessions
- One-on-one sessions for entry, mid & senior level professionals geared towards your specific career needs and goals. Life Members - $60, Annual Members - $80; package discount rates available.
New! Mock Interviews
- Hone your interview skills in a one-hour mock interview; to be recorded for you (Client provides flash drive). $60 Life / $80 Annual.
New! LinkedIn Profile Consultation
- A career coach will help build your personal brand and professional profile on LinkedIn. $15 Life/$25 Annual.
New! Grad School Options Consultation
- Meet with a career coach to discuss general graduate school questions in a one-hour consultation. Free to members (IF used as complimentary annual consultation) or $60 Life / $80 Annual.
To schedule any of the above career-consultation sessions, e-mail Career Services.
First Impressions: Resume & Cover Letter – One-hour Webinar
- This webinar provides the foundation for creating an attention-grabbing resume and cover letter. Free to members!
New! Create an Effective LinkedIn Profile – One-hour Webinar
- This webinar will provide an overview and best practices on building an effective LinkedIn profile. Free to members!
New! Manage Your Online Presence – One-hour Webinar
- This webinar will discuss how to best manage your online presence across social media sites, clean up your "digital dirt", and creative ways to use social media in the job search. $15 Life / $25 Annual.
Find Your Calling: Six-part Webinar Series
- This interactive webinar series covers career transition, providing you with a comprehensive "how-to guide" designed to get you on a fulfilling new path that best suits you! Each weekly webinar provides detailed resources and allows time to ask your questions and interact with other participants. A one-on-one consultation with a career coach is also included. Life Members $350, Annual Members $450; MBTI & Strong assessments are included.
New! Maximize Your Strengths & Talents – Two-part Webinar Series
- Turn your natural talents into strengths and learn how to best leverage these strengths in your resume and during job interviews. $80 Life / $100 Annual. Strengths Quest Assessment included.
Alumni Expert Career Webinars
- Career-related topics (e.g. job interviewing, coping with the loss of a job) presented by an alumni expert in the field. See calendar of events
MBTI / Strong Career Assessments
- Take these assessments if you are exploring career options or a career transition. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (Personality) & Strong Interest Inventory (Interests), along with Summary Sheet, bonus Combined Report & Values Packet included. 90-minute career coach consultation includes a comprehensive review of your results; $150 - all members. To schedule assessments, e-mail Career Services.
New! Strengths Quest Assessment
- Take this assessment to identify your greatest talents and determine how to build them into strengths. Session includes 1-hour assessment interpretation. $60 – all members. To schedule a career consultation session, e-mail Career Services.
Click here to view our full menu of services